WHEN: Sunday, August 2nd
- Understand firsthand how a college coach evaluates talent
- Learn the responsibility of club and select teams in
developing recruitable players.
- Gain perspective on the number of high-level scholarships available each year and how they are distributed Nationally.
By Coach Chris Fair
Many of you have probably seen us advertising our new All Skills Camp program that begins April 21st. But what is All Skills Camp? Let me fill you in…
2 characteristics of All Skills Camp are pretty obvious..
- We work on ALL SKILLS (hitting, fielding, throwing, catching, base running, etc.)
- It is CHEAP! Only $50 for 4 weeks!
So why all skills camp??..
At Turn 2 we are always working to develop our area youth athletes. When most people think of baseball or softball “training” the thought that comes to mind is the more elite level athletes that are working towards a higher goal (i.e. the Jr. High player working to make a splash in High School, or the High School player working for that college scholarship). What about the other athletes? What about the 5 year old just getting introduced to the game, or the 10 year old that is starting to get a little more serious about the game? All Skills Camp is for them.
All Skills Camp allows our young athletes to learn multiple aspects of the game in a fun and ever changing environment. Athletes learn in a group setting with players of similar age.
As the head of our baseball department here are Turn 2, I hear so frequently the questions that can be answered by a program like All Skills…..
- My child is just starting out, what programs are out there that will teach them proper fundamentals, but overall make sure they HAVE FUN playing the game?
- My child has been playing for a few years, I can’t deicide if they love the game or not. I would like to put them in training, but want to be sure they have the passion for it.
- My child is already in skill specific training (example – hitting lessons), but I’d like to allow them to learn the other aspects of the game as well.
- My child thinks their team practices are boring.
Our All Skills Camp answers these questions. When athletes are young or starting out, they need to learn the FUNdamentals. The emphasis is on the FUN because that is what it should be about. None of us fell in love with the game at a young age because we were taught how to get our arm to the L-position, or learned how to add extension to our swing. We fell in love because we got to be outside, run around, throw things, hit things, and tag people. That is where it has to start. Athletes want to train because they love the game, not the other way around. Practices should be fun and informative. All these things are what our All Skills Program aims to bring to the youth in our area.
Join us for our All Skills Camp…
Date and Time Options
Ages Days Times
4 – 5 YRS Thursdays 5:00 PM
6 – 8 YRS Tues / Thurs 5:00 or 6:00 PM
9 – 12 YRS Tues / Thurs 5:00 or 6:00 PM